For those who love crafts...these were so simple and easy to make. Made these probably going on approx. 20 plus years ago and they're still hanging in there.
1 Styrofoam Ball for head
1 Styrofoam Cone for body
Gauze for gown cut into a strip the length to cover her completely
2 White Chenille Stem for Halo and arms
Piece of wax paper to stand the angel on while glued gown is drying
- Glue the Styrofoam ball to the tip of the cone
- Stick piece of chenille into each side of the cone, glue, and bend to form arms and twist at front as if hands together.
- Cut a strip of gauze long enough to cover the complete angel front to back including the head cone.
- Soak the strip of gauze you will be using for the gown in white glue soaking it pretty good. I used regular glue and it dries clear.
- While wet, drape it over the angel covering the complete angel from front to back over the head.
- Use a rubber band around the neck area to form the gauze to the neck area.
- Tie Ribbon around the waist area to form as a belt
- Form her gown how you like with some flowing on the floor.
- Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut some gauze wings (I don't still have the template, but you can find some around the web or just form your own wings).
- Glue the wings to the back of the angel
- Form a halo and glue to top of the head by sticking a bit glued into the ball so it stands above the head
I made two. The size of the Angel will be based on the size of the cone you buy.
~hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~