Sunday, July 23, 2017

Sunday Scripture Blessings 7 23

Sharing some notes from past reading plans when I first began reading the Bible in earnest in 2014

Question: How does remembering that it's not "about you" but instead "all about God" encourage you today?
  • The glory is to be given to God ~ not seeked by promoting things I do for my own glory.
  • I can know that when it's all about God ~ the plan of salvation was in place for me because He Loves Us
  • He takes center stage always, and I'm thankful it's not about me because he is so awesome and no one can fill those shoes except Yahweh.
In what ways are you being called to step out in faith, in spite of your weaknesses and flaws and in spite of the labels you have given yourself?
  • I am called to have a more loving heart and reminded to be kind.
  • I am challenged to speak up and remember to share his word since that was never my norm.
  • I am called to read his word daily which reminds me who he is.
  • I am called to pray daily and be better at it.
What might be standing in my way of obedience?
  • Not being Bold enough to speak up for God, but praying to be better about it.

Working on Forgiveness for things that have happened in my life.

1 Corinthians 15: 55-58

55. "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?
56. The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
57. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Observation:  The death on the cross was not in vain. There was no victory of death because He Lives! He is Risen!

Application:  Give thanks daily to God and his gift of victory through Jesus and the Resurrection.

Romans 3:21-24

21.  But now, a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been make known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
22.  This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference.
23.  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
24.  and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Observation:  Through Christ all are righteous who believe. The redemption of Christ on the cross paid for our sins.

When studying/reading, I sometimes write out the scripture that I'm reading to try to help implant it in my brain better for memory. Sometimes it works, other times not. But doing it this way and with Bible Journaling has helped me get a better overall picture of God's word than I ever had before. The main thing is a daily read. I usually read first thing in the morning with quiet time and my coffee. :)




"Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth,
give I unto you. Let not
your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27 KJV

I look forward to your scripture sharings with Sunday Scripture Blessings. You're next:






~hugs 'n giggles 'n blessings~

Peabea





6 comments:

  1. Amen to reading and hiding His Word in our hearts daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peeking into what you are studying and learning from your time in God's Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remembering it's not all about me might be the most necessary thing I ever learn. I'm still learning but I think God is okay with that ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peabea! Thanks for sharing your Bible notes with us. They are excellent and really encouraging. Specially i loved the verse you shared at the bottom - John 14:27. It's very encouraging. Blessings to you. I am your neighbor at # Open sunday link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely Bible with notes and place to draw as well! Its lovely to read your study notes - the questions does help a lot to reflect, remember and also in applying to one's life situations. Have lovely upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful thoughts! Thank you for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)