Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Scripture Blessings 7 8 18



I am so not a gardener. I watched this grow all through the Spring season because I couldn't remember if I'd strewn seeds in my flower bed so I let it grow. Finally, it sprouted what appeared to be a bloom that I was not at all familiar with so I then thought it was a flower. After a bit though, I googled spiky green plants, and found according to Wikipedia it is this:

Cyperus esculentus (also called chufa sedge, nut grass, yellow nutsedge, tiger nut sedge, or earth almond) is a crop of the sedge family widespread across much of the world. It is found in most of the Eastern Hemisphere, including Southern Europe, Africa and Madagascar, as well as the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent.[2][3][4][5]

Cyperus esculentus can be found wild, as a weed, or as a crop. Evidence exists for its cultivation in Egypt since the sixth millennium BC, and for several centuries in Southern Europe. In Spain, C. esculentus is cultivated for its edible tubers, called earth almonds or tiger nuts, for the preparation of horchata de chufa, a sweet, milk-like beverage. However, in most other countries, C. esculentus is considered a weed
Link is here in case want to read about it because I guess it can be edible and used for many sources. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyperus_esculentus

Having the weed grow among my flowers reminded me of Matthew 22 ~ the parable that Jesus tells of the wedding:

Matthew 22 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC):

And again Jesus spoke to them in parables (comparisons, stories used to illustrate and explain), saying, The kingdom of heaven is like a king who gave a wedding banquet for his son And sent his servants to summon those who had been invited to the wedding banquet, but they refused to come.

It also reminds me of Paul's conversion and how he assured that we weeds (I use that term loosely and not meaning to offend anyone) known as Gentiles are adopted in by the Grace of Jesus.

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:  Ephesians 3 KJV






There are pretty flowers and there are weeds, but they all make up this wonderful planet that is God's creation. As with people, all things have a purpose. As a human, there are times that I can be a prickly weed or days that I'm a gentle flower. God in his wisdom knows all that about each of us, and he loves us all one and the same. Since I probably won't use for eating or other uses that my weed is known for, I pulled it from my flower bed. Praise Jesus that we weeds will not be pulled from Heaven's garden. We are all welcome. We only need accept the invitation.

Happy Sunday.

You're turn for sharing a Sunday Scripture Blessing. Thank you.


~hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~

Peabea

Please note that what is posted on my blog is scribbles from my head and may not be what others find useful when they read scripture. My interpretation alone. Thanks for visiting and have a blessed week ahead.

Sharing with:



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Peabea, we are both writing about gardening and the "why" of God's creation. I guess spending time in a garden gives one plenty of opportunities to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it depends upon how you look at it...whether you see flowers or weeds. Either way, thank you for the reminder that we are all welcome in God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that some weeds are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for a God who can even make a weed beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the same thing - not sure if what has come up is a weed/flower! How nice to know that both can be beautiful - just like us..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)