Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunday Scripture Blessing Link Up 12 30 2018


As we head into another New Year, I thank God to have made it through pretty much unscathed. What blessings we receive through a year that we sometimes don't even recognize. As a mom, I am blessed to share Christmas with our three adult children and their children. I am blessed with a son who has had his share of heartache and problems that will now be giving his first sermon this coming Friday night at the Church he attends. I have been thinking, "Oh God, how mysteriously you do work your wonders because knowing this child, no one would ever have expected him to be in Church, let alone standing on a pulpit doing the sermon." But, as scripture says, God doesn't come to heal those who are already healed but those that need it. Prayers for the pastor that is leading him down God's path. His journey with religion has been for more than seven years, and he is blessed to have God helping him find his way.

Anyway, the scripture I chose actually at random this busy week, reminds me of all the former things, and the memories and blessings we attain in each year. Prayers for blessings for all as we head into another year. Prayers for much needed prayers for those in our government that they allow God to lead them.

And, best of all, each New Year's Eve is a reminder of a very joyful time in years past. It was the birth of our first child 53 years ago.

Happy New Year everyone that visits Peabea Scribbles, and I look forward to another blogging year with those that I have come to enjoy visiting each week. Thank you for sharing. :)

Also, I apologize for Sunday Scripture Blessings being posted late. With family gatherings, and babysitting these two cute grand-dogs, I didn't get ahead of the game.



~hugs 'n scribbling blessings~

Peabea


Sharing with:

8 comments:

  1. Hello You! What a wonderful and encouraging testimony! I have renewed hope for my child....it's been at least 26 years and we're living in hope....Romans 5:3-5. Happy New Year! Blessings and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Miaismine...I prayed for 40+ years for this one so as it says in his time not ours, but I still pray hard for him. We just really want our kids to be happy. :)

      Delete
  2. God certainly does work in strange and mysterious ways. We must never give up on anyone doing anything for any reason for we know that with God all things are possible. Blogging is a funny thing. It's almost as if the people you come to know through blogging are part real people and part characters in stories. I have always imagined that you were close to my own age but I now know that your oldest child is 53 and I am 55.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most that I meet on blogging, I could be their mom and even some on Facebook. :) I sometimes think the Peabea that I chose for the net when I got on in 2009 and maybe the Peabea Scribbles seems like a younger persona.

      Delete
  3. Blessings abound. Your story about your son just grabbed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to come into the year with the reminder of God's sovereignty!
    Blessings to you (and your son!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great testimony of the power of prayer to change a life! Thank you for giving an extra dose of hope and faith to all of us who pray for loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great verse to remember and reflect upon as we head into a New Year! So thankful that God is faithful and works out his plans in ways we can't even imagine - as you shared about your son. God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)