Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sunday Scripture Blessings Link Up 12 16 18


In those days came John the Baptist preaching in the wilderness of Judaea. And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness. Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for this it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him. And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 3:1-3,11,13-17

Philippians 4:4-5 Rejoice in the Lord alway; and again I say Rejoice. Let your moderation be known to all men. The LORD is at hand.

Next Sunday is Christmas Eve. Hard to believe since, seriously, December just started. Hope everyone is having a Blessed holiday season so far. Not sure when our family get together will be due to work schedules of all the kids. I think the plan so far is to just have a gathering sometime during Christmas week and have Pizza. Yay, Pizza means no work for this mama and grandma. The main thing will be time spent. So far, I've been blessed to spend some time with the grandbabykins (okay, grandson since he is a bit older now), but always a babykins to me. Been picking him up from school and hanging out until the parents get home. I don't seem him as much as I use to so this is a blessing for this grandma. Grandbabies are awesome. :)

Have a great week, and thank you for visiting and sharing a scripture blessing. I will probably set the link up to post next Sunday, but since it is Christmas Eve will understand if there are few visitors since it will most likely be a busy time and with family.


~MERRY CHRISTMAS~ to all who stop by Peabea Scribbles

Note Correction: Thanks to a kind visitor comment correction, next Sunday isn't Christmas Eve. It is on Monday. My oops. So, I will set up the link for Sunday as usual.
Peabea

Sharing with:
Word Filled Wednesday Link Up (scroll down to find latest Wednesday linkup)

6 comments:

  1. Psssst. Next Sunday is actually Christmas Eve Eve, but I'm sure it will be a busy day for everyone nonetheless. Thank you for sharing these verses from God's Word. It got me thinking about how wonderful it would have been to be a witness to the baptism of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...Thank you. My calendar is obliterated with my scribblings and I totally missed the small print of Christmas Eve markings on Monday. Appreciate the correction and hugs Julie. :) Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading about John's ministry as well, and have so many questions about his surrendered life.
    Thank you for starting out in the book of Joel with these instructions that must have be formative for John's ministry (and should be for mine as well!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele...I was trying to go on the correlation of the birth of those two and down the road a bit and their importance to Jesus' story. In my early years, I don't think I quite knew the relationship of Elisabeth and Mary and the birth of John.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the verses from Philippians. They are always uplifting! So glad you are getting to spend time with your grandson. Time spent with grandchildren is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, thanks. Truly is cause to Rejoice and Joy this season of the year in so many ways. Agree on the grandchildren. Never really knew how much of a blessing they would be until I got to this age. :)

      Delete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)