Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday Scripture Blessings Link Up 7 7 19


As we celebrated Independence Day this week, I have to reflect on all the glory that God has actually given to America. Even with its faults, I still think it is a great place to live. We can't all be the upper echelon, but even though I came from a broken home, a single mom, I realize it all could have been worse. On her death bed, I thanked her for not abandoning me before or after my birth. I think God was definitely leading her when my dad was just not a dad, and left her alone with me and my sisters. She was broke, no place to live, but God provided, and I had a very happy childhood. We are planted where we are, and on our paths in life. They cannot all be clones of one another. I thank God this week of celebrations that he planted me in America, and is continuing to teach me.

God has now chosen to put me on a path without the love of my life, and on an alone path, but he is still leading my way. I grumble at times at him on the lonely days, but I know it all could be worse, and I pray this day for those who do have it much worse. I say God Bless to those on a lonely path, on a broken path, on a young path, and also to those who are on a path with much more than others. I celebrate their successes. God will lead one foot at a time, one step at a time. He is leading me on my new path without my husband, I'm learning to deal, but there are times that I do rail because I wanted more time, but it could not be. This week of Independence is two months since my best friend had to go.

I hope everyone had a good and safe week if they celebrated July 4th. I have a selfish prayer that this rain will slow down for a bit. We have had rain month after month and so much flooding. It is time for a break. Prayers for those in the hardest hit areas.

Now on to Sunday Scripture sharing, and thank you always for visiting Peabea Scribbles.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


~hugs 'n blessings~

Peabea


Sharing with:



4 comments:

  1. I'm continuing to pray that our God of All Comfort will make His presence felt as you travel down this lonely path. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being honest about the challenges of living with your loss. I pray for God's continued comfort and guidance for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Elizabeth. You are setting the example for all of us in your gracious acceptance of the will of God even in hard circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very thankful for this beautiful country we live in, and the way God led us to this place. Praying that God continues to comfort you and lead you gently on the good days and the bad. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)