Sunday, October 10, 2021

Scripture Blessings Link Up 10 10 2021


 Solomon seems to be pondering why he is doing so many things in his life because who comes after him, may not continue. (Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me. And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity. He concludes in chaper 3:22 that Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him? 

Our portion is what we make of God's gifts. Not to worry about what comes after on earth. Seems Solomon is needlessly worrying over what he has no control; only God does. 

(only my take on all this.) Always appreciate any input/thoughts how Ecclesiastes is interpreted by others. Nice to have discussions with others about what the Bible says to them. Thoughts? 

Hope all are enjoying October. Have a happy Sunday.

Link up is open below: 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n blessings~

Peabea

Some link ups you may want to visit today and throughout the week. The link up is open all week until Saturday night. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. I think that's a good application. I think it's also pointing out the futility of running after so any earthly things and not preparing for heaven, which is eternal. There are things we have to do here, as unto the Lord, and God gives us joy in them. But He has set eternity in our hearts--we know something better comes later, so we don't need to hold tightly to earthly pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ecclesiastes is a hard read, and I usually struggle with Solomon's discouraging observations, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading that Scripture earlier today. I feel like there's so much to unpack there. Anyway, thanks so much for hosting, Peabea! Have a wonderful week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your work here on earth and rejoice in the work that God has called you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read all your information. Thank you for your good work. Please visit my site and send us your comments.
    miami event photographer

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)