Monday, January 30, 2023

Pictorial Tuesday Link Up 1 31 2023

 


Tomorrow. The month of February is when a ground hog predicts our future length of Winter. lol It will happen on February 2nd. Our local Ground Hog is called Buckeye Chuck. Then there's one in Pennsylvania called Punxsutawny Phil. I've never kept track to see if his prediction holds true or not. I just know it's too long a time for me until beautiful Spring weather arrives. So far, though our Winter hasn't been too bad. Do any of you have weird weather predictions where you live? haha

Groundhog Day is a popular North American tradition observed in the United States and Canada on February 2. It derives from the Pennsylvania Dutch superstition that if a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day and sees its shadow due to clear weather, it will retreat to its den, and winter will go on for six more weeks; if it does not see its shadow because of cloudiness, spring will arrive early.





By this time, I'm already missing these kinds of days when the little ones did bubbles in the air.



A bed I sewed for Razzy. Made a square for bottom and tubes stuffed with stuffing for the sides then sewed it all together. I used left over material I had so cost was minimal.




One of my recycing bags I make using shirts that no longer fit or ones from the thrift shop. so easy to make. I cut across beneath the collar. Take off the sleeves and use them to make the handles. 


Then pair it wih a magnetic shopping list and you're off to the store.


Candy heart background I made. Could use for phone or digiscrapping or cut out center and enclose picture of a cutie pie. Print and enclose in a frame. 

Just scribbling some graphics and crafts today. Happy Tuesday and last day of January of the new year. Blessings and good thoughts to everyone who stops by to share a link or a comment. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n scribbles~

Peabea

Some link ups I visit:

9 comments:

  1. I did not know this story of the ground hog day... here the weather is strange, the rosemary starts to bloom again whereas February did not even start. Otherwise I love the shirt recycled into a bag....(Kwarkito)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Predictability is in short supply while coincidence is plentiful :) Hope he does not see his shadow and beckon an early spring.
    My mom made a similar shopping bag with an old shirt of mine. I insisted on removing the buttons to not make it look like a severed torso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bubbles look so amorphic. Happy ground hog day to you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of making bags out of old shirts - love them! I never new Ground Hog day was a thing! I saw the movie years ago. Enjoy your week, stay safe, and thankyou again for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bubbles and love your craftwork. All so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you dear. Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get a kick out of the Groundhog Day ceremonies, and I will be glad for spring whenever it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Peabea,
    Lovely sewing projects there. The bed looks cozy and the bag is such a cool idea. I'd like to try that sometime (I'm lazy when it comes to projects like this but if I start it, I have to finish it. :D )
    Spring will be here in no time. Stay warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, you are very talented, all of your items are truly wonderful. Happy Groundhog Day and thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)