Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Scripture Blessings 10-30-16


Now that we know what we have - Jesus,
this great High Priest with ready access to
God - let's not let it slip through our fingers.
We don't have a priest who is out of
touch with our reality. He's been through
weakness and testing, experienced it all -
but the sin. So let's walk right up to
him and get what he is so ready to give.
Take the mercy, accept the help.
Hebrews 4:14-16



Philippians 3:10-12 NIV
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Have a blessed Sunday. You're next for sharing a Scripture Blessing. Thank you.





Sharing with: Scripture & a Snapshot

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful translation of that passage! I'm so thankful the we have an approachable High Priest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a blessing to see your visit, your link, and comment. Happy Sunday.

      Delete
  2. So wonderfully formulated - Take the mercy, accept the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina for visiting, commenting and linking your blessing. Such a loving a giving God we have...just take and accept. :)

      Delete
  3. I like this translation though I don't think I am familiar with it.I normally read ESV or KJV. I liked the Proverbs translation as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi aspirit...I only have the KJV Bible also and use it, and sometimes go to my NIV for reference. This one was taken from my daily inspiration calendar so I just liked what it said. Since you commented, it made me curious as I'm not that familiar with all the translations so I did some research. This one that I liked how it is said is from the MSG, which was an attempt at translation in a clearer English version. In reading about it, sounds like it didn't really make it as a Bible that people really liked. It says it read more like a novel and then was hard to cross reference. Thanks for commenting and calling to attention the translation.
      Thanks for linking up your blessing, visiting and commenting. :) Have a Blessed Sunday and week ahead.

      Delete
  4. Hebrews 4:14-16 always speaks to me. Wonderful truths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, great to see your visit and comment. Happy Sunday and Blessings for a wonderful week ahead. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks too for linking and sharing your blessing scripture and photo. :)

      Delete
  5. The thought that my Saviour knows what it is like to be human is such a comfort! I can accept his mercy because he knows just exactly how much I need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kym, How great that you visited and left a comment. So true to know God loved us enough to send his son as a human so he could experience us...minus our sin nature. :) Have a great and blessed week ahead.

      Delete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)