Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sunday Scripture Blessings January 15


My reading in Daniel is almost at an end. I confess that I had never really read Daniel before. What a delight to read his dreams, see the interpretation, and the prophesy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If Daniel only knew the outcome, his trembling at his dreams would have turned to elation.

I have definitely enjoyed my time with Daniel also know as Belteshazzar, and his brothers Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. There is no better book to read than the Bible once you really get into it with it's history, stories of heartache, stories of revenge, stories of success, and most of all stories of God's saving Grace even in the times of their refusal to obey.

Verses above are from the NIV

Would love to have you share what you're reading or just link up a scripture or leave a hello comment scripture or just say hello. All are visited and replied. Thanks for sharing and have a Blessed Sunday and week ahead.

You're Next





~hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~
Peabea

Below I'm sharing the Bible Journaling strip from today's post. You can right click and save it for printing or download it HERE, which should be in the size to print.


Sharing with:

12 comments:

  1. So encouraging to be reminded that as we follow Him, our God is with us wherever we go. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, love seeing your visit. Thank you for leaving a blessing comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Daniel. I love the prophecies and how is he FORCED to be brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true on Daniel being brave. As I read the tests of his brothers in the fire and Daniel in the Den, I have to admit, I felt myself wonder could I really (and I pray I would) have that much trust as sometimes trust is an issue with me. But he reminds that he is with us always...till the end of time. :)I cling to that.

      Delete
  3. Daniel is such an encouraging book! Love the beach scene, too. Our's is a little frozen at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I read my daily reading, I sometimes wonder if I'm just plugging through so I ask for enlightenment so I understand what God is trying to say to me. Daniel was a good one to see he meaning of the dreams.

      The beach is from when my daughter took me to California. Loved it there. Was a bit chilly that day, but loved seeing the ocean. :)

      Thanks for leaving a scripture blessing.

      Delete
  4. I'm reading the book of John right now. I love how God is blessing you through the amazing book of Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth...loved seeing your visit and scripture blessing. As a child, I think we all heard the stories of Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednigo, which I always thought was Abingdigo :), but reading the book of Daniel, there is so much more richness and guidance in the story of those three that as a child was missed. I think it was always just a rhyme that people said or a song maybe. I forget.

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Happy Sunday to you. My study of Joshua begins tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, it's been a couple of decades from the last time I studied Joshua.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Sunday! I will see if you get this comment. I had tried another day and it did not get to you. Anyway, God is teaching and growing me up in Him.. He is a Good Good Father!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Daniel did have to be brave, didn't he? I just finished reading Acts to Peter 3 and the study of all the history with it. It's been fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much encouragement in Daniel, especially when Jesus was with him.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)