Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sunday Scripture Blessings 2 12


Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble.
May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes,
establish the work of our hands.   Psalm 90:14-17 NIV

That we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
With Love, it is not hard to sing for joy each day. When we share Love, we share our joy with others. Sometimes, Love is shown by a simple hello or a smile. It is Love for another of our human race. God shared his Love through his Son, and when we remember that, Love comes naturally.

Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble.
It would be hard to be glad when we feel afflicted or have years of trouble. Moses in this prayer was understanding and realizing and asking God how much longer they would be oppressed. Sometimes, our troubles seem like it is forever before God answers our prayers, but when he does, the time is melted away as we see his need for time of our reflection. A learning curve, you might say, that is needed for us to understand.

May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children.
So many ways God reveals understanding and his splendor if we just pay attention. Or at least that's how I feel when I'm more in tune with God.

May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
God guided me through life with the work that made me feel fulfilled. For someone else, the jobs that I did in life before retirement maybe would have seemed humdrum or not enough for someone else, but God knew me well. Even in retirement, he still leads the work of my hands. This passage also reminds me of some of the idle hands scripture:

1 Timothy 5:13 - And withal they learn [to be] idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

1 Thessalonians 5:14 - Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all [men].

Proverbs 31:27 - She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Not being idle, God knew was a good thing for we humans.



Note: The above is just my interpretation of how I try to understand this scripture, and may not be the same for all as I am in no way qualified to teach scripture. Any sharings of how others interpret is welcome as always.

Blessings for this Sunday to all, and I did my scripture graphic since Tuesday is Valentine's Day in a Valentine's theme so Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

Hubby and I don't usually celebrate Valentine's day, but since I was out shopping, I picked up some Moon Pies for him. It's one of his favorites :) He's been my Valentine for years and years, and also my very best friend.

Your Next for sharing:






~hugs 'n giggles 'n blessings ~

Peabea



I met fellow blogger just last week that visited me for the first time that shares her Journaling Through The Bible. She also has a linkup. Adding her blog to my sharing with below. Please try to visit her as well as some of the other ones that link here to get a Blessing.

Sharing with:






Sharing my Red Frame. You can either put text in it or since it is a clipping mask also, you can place a photo and then add your own message. Mine is below, but you can download it HERE without my added picture or words. It is made using Adobe Photoshop Elements 12, but hopefully can be used with other programs. Hope you Enjoy!!




7 comments:

  1. I love this Psalm. The morning is my favorite time of day and I am often up with the sunrise. I will be thinking of this verse all week. Thank you for sharing your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little granddaughter was asking me the other day what a moonpie is! I might have to get her one for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So many ways God reveals understanding and his splendor if we just pay attention." Yes. I've noticed lately I have to make myself stop and pay attention. Life gets so distracting. Starting my mornings off with even a small prayer time helps me notice and be thankful throughout the day. Enjoy your moon pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely frame, PeaBea! Delight in the Lord ~ no better way to find joy... Blessings to your upcoming week ~ and to Valentine's,
    Love from Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanting to say thank you to all the lovely people who visit my blog and link up with blessings on Sunday. With the visitors and links and/or comments, I have ventured on to some lovely blogs to visit. It is great to see the scriptures shared or photographs. It gives me, especially, a view of how others see and interpret scripture, and I find that there are scriptures that I sometimes need to give a second or third look because I just skimmed over them at times. Thank you all for the visits. They are appreciated.

    Peabea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your image and verse. Thank you also for sharing your graphic. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your section regarding affliction particularly blessed and strengthened me. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)