Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Pictorial Tuesday Link Up 8 6 19 and Recycling Idea

I think I've shared this before, but thought I'd share it again since where I live, the bugs seem to be getting worse when sitting out and enjoying the day or evening. A cuter way for keeping the bugs away. 

If you like to be outdoors, but not so crazy about the little pests that fly around, I have a recycling idea. I saw these citronella vases in the local store selling for upwards of $20 or more, but being on a retirement budget, I decided to make some out of my own vases.

This vase was a gift candle.
After the candle was gone, I hated to part with it, and kept it.
Now it has a new use.


I had this refillable canister from one of those bamboo torches that was also a gift from a few years back that was broken


so I  made this for my front porch area at a cost of $0


Then I found this vase at Goodwill for $1.00


and it needed a taller refillable canister, which I bought for $3.99


Combined, I thought it looked pretty good for my patio area.


I hope you like the idea and have fun making some of your own for when you're having outdoor fun, plus I think they look great compared to just a generic bug away product. :)


Don't you just love recycling bargains? I do....and, I like scribbling about my finds.

Some who visit Pictorial Tuesday may know that my husband passed away in May of this year. He and I always drank a pot or two of coffee in the mornings and throughout the day. My kids mentioned that instead of me now making a full pot of coffee that I should buy a ©Keurig. I had bought one a few years ago, but I sold it after seeing how expensive it was for hubby and I to go through the coffee pods. Anyway, where I'm going with this is that the Keurig's are expensive for me, but with being a thrift store person, this was my thrift store find just this past weekend. It looks like new so thought I'd take a chance on it, and it works great. I paid a whole $19 after discounts.  This way, I'm not wasting the bottled water (don't use our well water anymore) and coffee, but I kept the regular coffee pot for when the kids visit or company, and I won't have to buy that many of those little coffee pods. You can see I left the price sticker on for a bit in case I do have to take it back, but so far so good.



Now on to sharing your photography, digital graphics, photos of what you've been up to and even crafts if you like. A picture is a picture, and it's all photography (but please, family friendly) so share away, and visit others who link up. 
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


Thank you. Enjoy your day, and sending God's blessings your way,

Peabea

Some links I visit and sometimes share with that you might enjoy sharing with also:







2 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever and I love, love that first vase. (the bugs are awful here too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great bargains there. Very nice. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)