Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday Scripture Blessings Link Up 9 8 19


I started re-reading the Bible again this year. At first I was doing my daily devotions and reading along with it. However, when I first started reading the entire Bible through in 2013, I followed along with a group called Good Morning Girls. I decided maybe I'd do better to go back and follow along what scripture reading plan they are currently doing. Luckily, when I checked their site, they are just starting the book of 1 Corinthians. They do the SOAK method (S-stands for scripture, O-stands for observation, A-stands for application, K-stands for kneeling in prayer). They provide the materials and I print off their plan rather than buying the booklets from Amazon. Anyway, I feel if I have a writing plan that helps me to stay on track with my reading.

S - Scripture above
O - (and this only my take on it and never intend to share for any influence): Paul is explaining that as a new Christian, we take baby steps. He is explaining that he and the other ministers are only vessels through which GOD teaches, but GOD will impart the knowledge through his spirit that swells in believers.
A - To know where the true knowledge of GOD comes. Not from men/teachers who put their slant on God's teaching, but from God as he helps to discern the truth through the Holy Spirit.
K-Help me to know when I'm listening God's voice, and not to fools and foolishness.

The Scripture isn't the complete chapter, but just one taken that spoke to me. Also, Apollos was a Jew that became a Christian, and ministered.

Would love to hear some methods you use to study.

Have a great Sunday, and thanks for sharing. Link up is below.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

~hugs 'n blessings~

Peabea



Sharing with:
Just a Second Scripture and Snapshot

6 comments:

  1. I read my Bible through once a year, but I do it in chronological order instead of cover to cover. I get so much more from it that way...especially in the Old Testament. I didn't realize it until I read your post, but I basically follow the SOAK method for my Bible study time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this way of reading the Bible. It enhances my understanding of what I am reading and it allows me to bring the word into my own life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read through the Bible in a year in various ways. My favorite was in my wide margined journaling Bible, at times taking notes in the margins and at other times drawing illustrations of what stood out to me. I loved combining my creative side with my Bible reading. I'm reading through the Bible again but giving myself no deadline of doing it in a year. Instead, I'm following any "scriptural bunny trails" I feel led down. For example, I've been "sidetracked" in the minor prophets and have spent some time in deeper study there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do a read through, but then, in my devotions, I go slow and deep. This year, I am in the Gospels. And I try to write a response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read through the Bible in a year several times, but my favorite way to do it is chronologically. In fact, I just started my new read-through last week. And this morning in our Sunday small group, we learned a little about Apollos and his ministry in the early church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I begin a women's bible study tomorrow morning. This one is titled Jesus' Bible and we'll be reading through the "Torah" at home, and discussing a podcast every week. AND....our church is beginning a sermon series on Genesis! I'm so excited. The last two studies I did were Jen Wilken's two studies on Genesis. Hopefully, I'll be well versed in this area when finished! ��

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)