Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday Scripture Blessings 3 15 2020


For I, the LORD your GOD, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."   Isaiah 41:13 ESV

Hands. We do so much with our hands. Some can't talk without using their hands, and I am one, I guess. Actually, I don't really notice because I'm concentrating on what I want to say. If we watch babies, they spend a lot of time just looking at their hands from infancy until they realize how to use them correctly. Our kids, when learning to eat, used them to turn the spoon upside down, which lost their food. But they soon learned to adjust that. Some babies eat with their hands, and oh, the mess.

Hands. As we grow, we use them in so many other ways throughout life. The gentle touch of a hand from a mom when her child is sad. When we meet that special someone, holding hands feels right.

And, just knowing that God's hand is there in life, and as the scripture says he will help, brings such reassurance. Especially, as our world continues to face many situations that would cause us to be fearful. We have weathered many things in this world, and throughout, we have seen God's hands at work. I trust he is still at work. His way, not ours. But, we can use our hands also for good, as I see many doing.

Humans still continue to amaze me; especially when it seems the chips are down. I saw this video online when I was reading a person's story of how things are in a town in Italy about their facing the Coronavirus Pandemic called We Live in Silence Die in Silence And Wait.
Story is here and is so touching as to what they have been facing: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/13/italy-we-live-silence-die-silence-wait/ 

And also so touching in this simple act of coming together that I have no doubt they were touched by the hand of God who sowed the seed of the first person who began the singing found here:



They can't go out and communicate, and as a coming together, they sing.

Fear not, God is holding our hands through this, same as through everything in life. My prayer is that everyone is staying healthy, and that God helps those who are in charge to alleviate this sooner than later as they did in the days of Swine Flu, N1H1, Sars, and Hong Kong Flu...I had that one and was put down flat on my back when my kids were babies. It was no fun, having the pneumonia, and being deathly sick for more than two weeks. At that time, doctors really weren't wanting anyone to come in to their office, which I couldn't have anyway. But, I finally could get out of bed enough to call the doctor, and he gave the whole family medicine to counteract. With that, we made it through, and with God holding our hand, we will be able to figure this one out.

Link up is open below for sharing a scripture.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

~hugs 'n blessings~

Peabea

Sharing with:
Just a Second Scripture and Snapshot
A Spirit of Simplicity

4 comments:

  1. It is so true that as we remember how He has held our hand during past times, we will be assured He is with us now. May we each do our part to hold out encouragement and hope to those around us. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah has given us a sweet promise for the future and a reminder of all the times God has been present for us in the past.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post blessed me! And I have loved the clips coming out of Italy-they bring happy tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this encouraging Scripture and post during unsettling times reminding us that the Lord's hands will never drop us and He is holding everything together. He is not wringing His hands in heaven. Quite the contrary. He is saying, wait to see the great things I will do!

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)