Monday, March 14, 2022

Pictorial Tuesday Potpourri Link Up 3 15 2022

 I have always been a garage sale or thrift shop type person. Not sure why, but I love finding things to upcycle or just amazed at finding things people throw out. Expensive items have been found in years past. I am noticing though that lately my favorite thrift stores don't have anything worthwhile. Mostly junk that people should have just tossed. I think they've begun to sell their good things on FB marketplace or maybe eBay. I use to do eBay, but now they want your checking info to pay you instead of being paid instantly by using PayPal. Maybe for IRS reasons. Not sure, but I am hesitant of giving them access to my checking. Not so much because I think they might use it, but who knows how secure. 

Anyway, back to a couple things I did find recently.


This wasn't a thrift store find. I found out how to make napkins. This was from a photo that I printed onto napkin material. I'm going to mod podge it onto one of those wooden squares and add a saying. I am going to redo it though before crafting it because this was the first attempt, and I had to add ink to my printer and it smudged when it was processing the new ink cartridge. 



I liked the design on this glass vase for $1.99, and was going to paint it, but after I cleaned it up I think I like it plain. So I added some of my fake flowers.






This vase was $1.99 too, and bought it to paint and distress. 


This cute lamp with the shade was only $.99 cents. I thought it looked like a modern little lamp.





 I thought I liked this globe and base when I bought it for $3.00, but pretty sure I'm going to get rid of it. Didn't like it so well after all.

A couple more below from last week's walk. The weather is turning warm again this week so may get to venture out again.




Have a happy week. Look forward to what you'll be sharing.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
~hugs 'n scribbles~

Peabea

9 comments:

  1. All these are great treasures from a thrift store. I like the vases. Those are worth the paid price. I like upcycling too and it also helps a greener world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything old because new again. I will look forward to seeing what you do with the napkin and the modge podge. Have a great week, and thank you again for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds! I like flea markets too, but without a car I can't reach no one of them...and second hand shops we have no one more in our little town (it's a boring life in this direction).
    Have a good week full of spring sun

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom is so gifted at finding things at garage - especially estate sales. I've given up because I just don't have the "find" touch! I'm so intrigued about your napkins! What a craftsman you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some real cool treasures. Very nice. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful weeek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're right about all of it. I'm not giving anyone my checking information online

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the napkin. Looks like a fun project.
    Wonderful thrift store finds.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Tue Scribbles is back:) I am one who never get too many vases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great thrift store finds - I bet that pinkish vase will be very pretty painted and distressed!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)