Monday, March 7, 2022

Pictorial Tuesday Potpourri Link Up 3 8 2022

Just scribbling about a grandson visit, some photos, and the weather. Plus a gift.

My grandson who is going on 16 comes to my house on the weekends to work on a truck he is rebuilding. (back story, it is the truck that belonged to his dad who was killed in a snowmobile accident when the grandson was 12. The grandson was with his dad and on the snowmobile too when the accident happened, but thank God, he was spared.) Anyway, this child has been rebuilding that truck since he was 12. It should be all spiced up and ready for when he gets his license this summer. I may do a post on that sometime with pictures of the rebuild. So anyway, when he came this past weekend, he asked if I wanted to go on a photo shoot. He was the one that always went with me when he was little, but we haven't gone for a few years now. 

Amazingly, the weather that day had climbed to 73. It was beautiful out, so we went down to the local state park. Seems everyone was out and about, taking walks, walking their dogs, and just enjoying. There were a couple boats out on the water that looked like fishing boats.

It was hard to believe that week, we'd been in the 40's, and the place we were visiting had been under water just a week before with all the rain, snow, and flooding. Sadly, we're back in the 40's and going down with snow expected. Wish the weather wouldn't do that. Just a spoiling.

This below is laying on the sidewalk, and you can see the dried mud. 

This is the sidewalk that the dried mud is on. 
This heads up to above the dam area
I didn't walk across, but this is over the dam. I think the trail goes quite a distance. I've walked part way before with my sister, but it goes for miles.
This is the lake

Here the water is on the right side of the dam. The grandson and I when he was little use to go down there. There's a trail through the trees that's fun in the Summer.








I have more from that day when we visited the local park beach. It was so muddy, we left, but I did take a couple pictures.

Oh, excitement too. My son brought me a bird feeder so maybe I'll get some bird photos. Although, usually where I live, we don't get very many unusual or pretty ones, but I'm hoping.

Link up is open below. Thanks for sharing your photography, digital art, and/or crafts. It's kind of a potpourri now my blog instead of just photography. I've added crafts and if you'd like to share some thrifting blogs, you can. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n scribbles 'n giggles~

Peabea

Some of the link ups I visit:

Our World Tuesday 

5 comments:

  1. There is such a beautiful, grace-filled message of how God rebuilds and redeems in the broken places - the story of a boy and his truck! What a beautiful gift God has given you - this time, this grandson, this project. Shalom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos of an early spring day! We have only ordinary nondescript birds too, but I like them all. In the early morning, when I open the windowas...
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson sounds like a wonderful young man. I love the fact that he invited you on a photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful & precious grandson. It is so nice that he took you on a walk. These pictures are beautiful. Hope to see some beautiful bird pictures in future posts.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet grandson you have. What a beautiful place to take a walk. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)