Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Pictorial Tuesday 10 6 2026

 I'm resharing an old post because I usually do Pictorial Tuesday on Monday so it will be there on Monday or early Tuesday morning. But, on Monday, I have my last eye appointment for my Cataract surgery, which is all done, but one last visit for them to now check both eyes, and they will be dilating my eyes. This usually takes most of the day to wear off so I'm doing it for Tuesday, but using an old post. Hope you don't mind revisiting an old one. 


Some digital scrapping fun. The shadow of the boy with the string to the balloon is actually taken from a photo that I took of kids playing with balloons at a graduation party and the picture turned out really dark, but I was able to extract the kid's shadow from it to use in my digital scrapping. The baby in the frame is of my oldest son when he was a baby. He is now 60. Love looking at pictures of when my kids were young.

Sharing a Tip:

When I picked the wrapping paper for the grand-daughter's birthday present, I wanted ribbon to match. The Dollar Tree had some that were curly, but I decided if I bought the same or matching paper that I wrapped the presents in, I could make my own. I used my paper shredder and put some pieces through, and then with my scissors I ran the edge gently along to curl the pieces of paper. Then I gathered them to put on the presents. I have, in the past, also shredded wrapping paper to top off a present that is in a gift bag.


I saw on The Spotted Canary television show this nifty way to present a gift in a bag without having to purchase the tissue that is usually just tossed away.  Here are a couple copies of the bag that I decorated for my daughter-in-law’s birthday gift. I think it’s so much more clever than the usual, and it gives them a closure to keep for their next gift bag present.
Bag Topper Lisa

To make these toppers, you make your design on cardstock decorating the same on each side of the cardstock fold in half. Then you measure the width of the handles, and with an exacto knife make a slit in the fold. Then you can simply slip your decorated cardstock over the handles and it will cover the top of the bag. I love this idea for all occasions and at Christmas.

(I didn't link the Spotted Canary because when I checked, it seems their link is no longer live. Use to enjoy their tips when they were on television on PBS.)

Link is open below to share your photography or craft ideas. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Thanks for visiting. See you next week. hahaha see what I did there. lol

~hugs~

Peabea



Sharing with:



1 comment:

  1. Hope the eye dilation wears off smoothly! Thanks for sharing these great craft ideas and sweet throwbacks.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)