Monday, March 5, 2018

Inspirational Quotes ~ Ourselves




No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We alone must walk the path. ~ Buddha

As a Christian, I would have to say that we are saved by the blood of Jesus on the Cross, but I think the Buddha quote is talking about we each have a path that we walk in our daily lives. We save ourselves daily by decisions we make. No one else can walk our path, make our decisions or think for us. We do those things sometimes with the help of a friend or family, but ultimately life's choices and decisions are our own to make as we walk our unique path.

Today, I'm taking my scribbles over to McGuffy's Reader where on Monday they share some inspirational sparks to get the week off on a more positive note. Always fun to see what others are sharing. Come check it out. :)



~hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~

Peabea

8 comments:

  1. I believe that we are saved by Jesus but that doesn't mean we don't have to walk the path. I once heard about 2 girls trying to start a stalled go cart. One of them got down on her knees in the path. The other one asked her what she was doing, to which she responded "praying for the engine to start." Her friend answered, "okay...but you have to pull the cord."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~smiles~ so true. Made me laugh. :) Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I would wander that path all day! I also agree with your assessment of Buddha's viewpoint. I've never been an advocate of "let go and let God." I don't think that is Scriptural. We were given gifts to use to the best of our abilities....not to just sit around and wait for God to jumpstart actions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the place where the grandbaby (when he was a baby) use to walk when I babysat him. He no longer goes to the park to play on the equipment as he outgrew the size of them. I have to say, I miss walking that path each Summer. I won't go alone these days, and he was my companion as I took photos. Ah how life moves on when on a path. He's gone one way in his path and I'm on another now. haha

      Delete
  3. I think with Gods help we'll walk our path just fine. We'll do what needs doing too. I love this.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spark! We can only save ourselves, so many times we try to save another, but only they have the power within them to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, gotta walk the path with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. I love Buddha's wisdom. Namasté.
    ​S​parks-2​2​ ​
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)