Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sunday Scripture Blessings Link Up 9 9 18




A soft answer. I have to admit that sometimes in my haste, I don't give a soft answer to my loved ones when my mind is otherwise occupied and a question is asked. I must remember that the eyes of the Lord are in every place, and then maybe I'll remember to be more gentle. I know many people who have such gentle spirits and patience galore, and they are ones that I do admire. Sometimes my mouth flies open before I think about how I should respond, and have learned lessons the hard way that words cannot be taken back or the hurt they cause.

Soft answers = Love
Wise Tongue = Love
Wholesome tongue = Love

Seems sometimes that most scriptures are reminding that if we do things in Love, we usually cause no grievousness of any kind. How smart of Jesus to say he only added Love to the law.

Since I haven't posted about Sunday Scripture Blessings in a while, I'm only posting the below in case there are new visitors to the link up.

Welcome to Sunday Scripture Blessings. Each Sunday, I post a Scripture Blessing to share. Those who would like, are welcome to link up a Blessing from their blog post, from Instagram, or just leave a comment. I have noticed links from Facebook, but with those, I was not able to visit, but I do appreciate the link up so those are welcome also.

The rules are minimal to my meme.
  • Just a Scripture blessing that is shared with a link to your blog posting so others can come visit and maybe leave a comment of thank you for your blessing.
  • Link to the Scripture blog posting rather than to your main blog so it is easier to find your sharing. If that isn't possible than any way you can share is a blessing; either with a link or a comment blessing is always heartwarming too.
  • Posts that I deem inappropriate for myself or others who visit and/or share a link to this meme will be deleted.
  • Posts must include a Scripture.
  • I request that no selling/advertising blogs be linked up. 
You're welcome to post my Sunday Scripture button on your blog, but not a requirement, but link backs are always appreciated. Thanks.

Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

You're next for linking:



~hugs 'n giggles 'n blessing scribbles~

Peabea


7 comments:

  1. SO much truth in what you posted today. There's such power in our tongue - good and bad. My tongue needs constant tending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thinking . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also posted about the love Jesus wants from us. I love A wholesome tongue is a tree of life. That is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life here goes so much better when I'm doling out soft answers. It's so easy to throw our words out there and to run roughshod over our family's hearts without even being aware of the damage we are doing. May the love of God fill us with His special brand of gentleness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember my mom saying to me "Laurie, you will catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar." I still meed reminders to use soft words sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often need the reminders to use my words wisely and gently, and to allow God to speak through me instead of just blurting out what I think. Thanks for sharing this Scripture today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this reminder! Too often I forget that my eyes speak as loudly as my words....I am trying to put love in them as well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)