Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday Scripture Blessings Link Up 11 3 19

Thessalonians 5:23-24  Ephesians 5:19-20  Colossians 3:14

It's NOVEMBER!! I am amazed at how fast we have gotten to this next to last month of the year. Mine started with tragedy of my grandson's dad being killed in a snowmobile accident in the first few weeks of January. Grandson who is thirteen was with him and was not hurt at all (Thankful). I will say that about a week prior, I felt an urgent -down to the knees - type of urge to say a prayer that my grandson would be kept safe. In my mind when that happened, I thought it was because of the school shootings around the country that have been happening and I do worry about him at school and other children as well as people everywhere anymore with the shootings that have happened in our country. Little did I know that few days later on that weekend with his dad that would happen. I can only be Thankful and believe that God's hands came down and kept him safe. He was thrown, but no injury whereas his dad was gone immediately.

Then in May, as I've already told you that my hubby and piece of my heart was gone in May. Got up that morning and within about 15 minutes he was gone. I ended up in the ER. Shock can do some strange things to the body. I also think that comes in the form of protection when our body does that. I have learned there is no way to prepare for the death of a spouse - even though I knew he had COPD and the end results of that, and over the months and years that he had that, I would think about that and how it would be - but there is no way to ward off the grief, and it is immense. But, leaning on God and people who care and even the group that I have come to know each Sunday here, has helped more than you guys can know. I pray for peace each day to carry me, and am Grateful that it is helping. And my kids have more than stepped up for me more than I could have imagined too. 

Then in August, my daughter-in-law's mother died. She had been sick for a while, and suffered a lot.

So, I am in no hurry for a New Year to roll around. I'm still trying to contemplate this one. :). I have taken a job working part-time, which helps get me out and about with people. I fear I was becoming a hermit, and I've never been a social butterfly anyway as I can tend to be introverted.

Anyway, enough about me. I hope this year has treated all that visit in a good way, and November and the holidays will be a blessing. Thanks for stopping by, and hope you can share a scripture blessing. If you don't blog, just share in the comment section.

Have a great Sunday. Linkup is below.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


~hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~ 

Blessings,

Peabea

Sharing with:
Just a Second Scripture and Snapshot
A Spirit of Simplicity

10 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know...you're still on my prayer list, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I know you've been through this so you probably remember the steps of grief that one goes through, and as God would say, I have to go through, but oh how sometimes I wish I could go around, but your prayers and God is helping. Some days are better than others. Can't believe it has been 6 months already. Blessings. :)

      Delete
  2. I did not know how hard this year has been for you. I am so grateful for the way God carries us when we truly cannot move forward. He strengthens us, sustains us, and keeps us. I have been praying for you this week and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joanne, thank you. The prayers must be helping. Some days are better than others, but I like how you say God carries us. Reminds me of the Footprints Poem. Some days have been like that and others full of strength. Have a great week and ~hugs~ for your prayers.

      Delete
  3. You have had one challenging year, and while I remember your posts about each of these life-altering events, it's still startling to read about all of them at once. Grief is cumulative, I think. Praying right now that you will find strength to ponder the outcome of 2019 as 2020 zooms toward us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thank yous Michele. Your words Grief is cumulative reminds me that there are so many who have had much more grief that I've endured in my 73 years, and I have been thankful for that. I have friends that have experienced tragedy on more than one occasion. I feel so bad for the Mother of my grandson's dad (he was only 36). I cannot imagine her grief. I had 56+ years with John so that doesn't lessen the grief but it helps. Praying 2020 is better. The job is helping. :)

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for what this year has brought you ... with you, I am grateful we can praise God in the storm.

    Blessings ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for your kind words, and blessings. So true, it is so much better to praise God during the bad times than to be without his Love and Care. :)

      Delete
  5. When I read about all of the loss that you have walked through this year my heart cried out for you and I had the thought, "This is not the way God intended things to be." I think He is right in the middle of the mess and pain of this world with us. He is mourning and grieving with us. And on His heavenly calendar is the day when He comes and makes wrong things right, the day of restoration of all things, when the awful effects of sin and death on His beautiful creation is once and for all wiped away. Oh, Lord Jesus, Come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you elizabeth. I agree, in the form of Jesus, he must have wept for us because we just didn't understand, and he weeps still probably because we have to walk through this time.

      Delete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)