Monday, March 28, 2022

Pictorial Potpourri Tuesday Link Up 3 29 2022

 My Bean Pot ~ Turned Flower Pot Misadventure

DSC_0181
I thought my son, DIL, and grandson would like this bean pot since they didn’t have one, and my son has always liked getting a Farmer’s Almanac ever since he was in grade school. It came with three small pots for the beans and/or soup. I decided it would be one of the gifts that I’d give them at Christmas time. Had it packed away all summer, and then when getting it out to wrap it, I broke the handle off (you can see it in the picture).

Summer came, and I had it ready for the trash man because I thought can’t give it to anyone that might use it and hold it with the fixed handle (I did glue it back on), and drop hot beans or soup on themselves.  But, just before actually deciding to trash it, decided it would make a unique flower pot. Not wanting to have an extra lid around or putting it in the landfill, I used my hot glue gun and attached it to rest on the unbroken handle. So far, my hens ‘n chickens are liking their new home.

Need a project to start your sewing hobby? Well, first if you haven’t sewn ever, the first step will be to buy a sewing machine. haha Just kidding you. Even if you’ve always sewn, this might be a fun and interesting project. I saw this on Curbly, and she had re-crafted it from Mary Ray’s tutorial on Craftstylish of how to take two cloth dinner napkins to make an apron. So naturally, I had to try it because it looked so easy, and I had been thinking I could use an apron since I’m rather sloppy when I cook. The only difference I did with mine was instead of making one big tuck on the front, I made two, and after I stitched down the middle to make two pockets, I stitched again twice to make four pockets.  

I found my dinner napkins at a local thrift store.

Visit either the Curbly site or Craftstylish and they walk you through step by step how to sew your two dinner napkins together. 

DSC_0170DSC_0169DSC_0173

DSC_0171

I had an extra napkin left over that I’m going to cut to size, tuck padding in between to make a hot pad. I also thought adding a spoon or other item might make a nice addition if giving the apron as a gift.

EASY PEASY NAME PURSE for the Grand-daughter

Latest in my need of a birthday present. Hard to pick something for teenagers so decided maybe she’d like something handmade. Followed the pattern for this purse with one adjustment. I used the printer cloth (printer sheets that you can pick up reasonably at Wal-Mart or any sewing center or hobby store) and my Adobe photo program to put her name along with some butterfly clipart and decided to incorporate it into the band at the top with ribbon trim. You can also use the transfer sheets is you are using a light fabric. I tried it on my purse first, but didn’t work out too well so not sure I had the right fabric so the printer cloth sheets worked best for me.

If you love to sew and want to make one, the pattern I used is Simplicity 2685.

I use to sew a lot, and the ones below were made to sell in my Etsy shop few years back. 

These a a couple of my thrifting and sewing photos from years past. Just thought I'd share this Tuesday.

Hope alls week is going good. We have March winds and bit of snow to usher March out. Back to cold temps.


Razzy goes tomorrow for his Summer groom. Been long time and he really needs it. He's not going to be a happy camper but will look so much better. He doesn't have fur but has hair so seems he does need a bath more than usual. But he's a good boy so I can't hold that against him. He keeps me sane.  lol

Thanks for visiting. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n scribbles~

Peabea

Some of the link ups I visit:

Wandering Camera Linkup her linkup runs from last Thursday of month 


7 comments:

  1. I am amazed with your creativity. The first upcycling project is a great idea to reuse a bean pot. The name purse is another interesting idea. It is a great gift for a teenager. All other designs are beautiful too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative ideas, well done!
    Our spring days have endet too, sigh!
    Have a cozy home time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the bean pot. At least you get to see it every day this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with your cute little pot with the broken handle. Great idea. Also I love your colourful apron. Thankyou for the inspiration, enjoy your week, stay safe and thank you again for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderfully creative post. Love that little pot.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you did not throw this little bean pot away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very creative. Love the pot. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)