Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Pictorial Potpourri Tuesday Link Up 5 3 2022


I planted these little flowers when we moved in our house in 1978. Then I totally ignored them, mowed them down each Spring or hubby did until I told him they weren't a weed. Anyway, they've spread and full bloom again this Spring. I like to bring them in for a bit of color. They're so tiny, and dainty. Think they're called grape? Not sure.

So, did some thrifting with the son's family. Below is some of my finds. 


These planters in the thrift store looked like new. Good thing is it is metal, remove the flowers and you have a watering can with long spout for hard to reach watering like hanging baskets.






A Vera Bradly back pack purse. Looks brand new.







This pillow isn't from thrifting. I made two of them with outdoor material for my new chairs on the front porch.

I started sewing when at home on my mom's treadle sewing machine. Then I bought my own when married. The older kind that swings up out of the cabinet, and I had that from the 1970's until the 2000. Then I bought a new portable one with some fancy stitches, and I love, love it and has been great machine for 13 years. So, where I'm going with this is that being me, I now bought another new portable with more fun stitches, presser foots to use, and just a bit of an upgrade. Nothing majorly expensive since I don't sew for a living, and machines can get really pricey. I do sew and sell on Etsy or Ebay. So I'm excited to get back into sewing more. Lately, I had dropped off the sewing and more into crafting and digiscrapping.

I went from a Singer to a Brother. We'll see how it goes, but so far I tried it out and seems pretty basic to use.

Well, was trying to post picture of the new machine, but for some reason, it isn't uploading. Next time because I'll probably share some sewing along with a potpourri of other things. 

Link up open. Thanks for sharing your photography, crafting, thrifting with Peabea Scribbles. Love seeing all that is shared. I do appreciate all who stop and visit.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n scribbles~

Peabea




 

6 comments:

  1. Great finds at the thrift store. Very nice.Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are called Grape Hyacinths and grow in our garden as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, these are blue grapes. That's what I have been looking for a watering can with a long spout! Let me know if this link does not work (I changed the title of the post, but it gives the right pics) A happy week to you, Emille

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful. That is such a deep blue. Have fun with your new sewing machine. The pillow looks great.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice images! The pillow looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are lovely.
    I wish I was so handy with the sewingmachine. Your work looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)