Monday, August 29, 2022

Pictorial Potpourri Tuesday Link Up 8 30 2022

 

Last week was no fun so I'm hoping this one will be better. Being a widow and now having to do everything to run this household even though it's just me is expensive. Sometimes it makes for sad days without the love of my life. But, last week started rather upbeat. Cleaning and looking forward to maybe a trip to the North bay area with the sisters if finances work out this month. Well, no sooner than that was discussed that my washer broke. I have been lucky that it lasted 14 years, which is more than the lifetime normally, I guess. They can last 10 to 14. As a senior citizen, I am strapped monthly, and even with bit to fall back on that has to last for who knows how long at my age. Long story short my son-in-law and daughter said I could have theirs because my daughter wants new anyway. They don't need a set, but I know they're just offering so I won't have to make a bill on my monthly income. I'm not sure how hubby and I got so lucky with our three. Since their dad passed, they have come so many times to my rescue.

I did check on going to the laundromat. Cannot believe how expensive that has gotten. Don't know how people do that. Costs more monthly than a washer/dryer payment would be. So that was a no for me.

Also, along with the washer breakage, I got notice of Jury Duty. In Ohio, you can put in writing after the age of 75 to see if can be excused. I sent that out, and waiting to hear back. I've done it many times over the years, but just hoping I don't have to, but so be it if they deny. It's up to their discretion.

That's my sob story, and I'm sticking to it. hahaha I really am pretty lucky to even be able to manage this place at my age. I am blessed even with all the trials. Just venting because Razzy is tired of hearing me gripe to him. Now on to Pictorial. lol





Cosmos Flowers. They're pretty, but thinking a no for next season. They pretty much took over and some of the other flowers just didn't make it for long.









Country Cottage Crochet Beanie. Found the pattern at theturtletrunk.com
Tutorial is on YouTube if interested.
Works up easy




















Work in progress making matching mittens. Need to do thumb and other mitten




Next, I'm making the set in a pretty blue that I found.


This fingerless glove pattern is from Little Drops of Wonderful on YouTube. Not really too crazy about it so have others to make I like better.


Wishing everyone a great week ahead. Thanks for visiting and linking up. Visit others as time allows if you can. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n scribbles~

PeabeaI

5 comments:

  1. You took some very nice close up's there

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to have a sob and vent sometimes, so you are lucky to have created a safe place to do that. I don't know how I would get on without my hubby and sons. My friend lost her husband 12 months ago yesterday and I know she is really feeling it right now. I hope you can skip the jury duty. I always thought it might be interested until I was sitting in the court hoping my name would not be called. Enjoy your spring flowers, stay safe, and thank you again for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free too vent. Beautiful pics. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it rains it pours! We had a water heater break a couple of weeks ago...a simple water heater replacement turned into a full house plumbing issue. Had to replace kitchen faucets & guest bath faucets...which opened up a whole new can of worms...we are still working on that one. Cosmos flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)