
One year when the grandson was little and playing at a local park, I spied this interesting looking flower/weed? Had never seen one like it before. When I got home, I looked it up, and it is or similar to the Chinese Lantern flower. Sadly, when I was at the park later, the flower was gone. I should have tried to take some seeds, but later I did see where the Chinese Lantern flowers are grown from a bulb.
I haven't seen any again since back then. How fun some flowers just are!
I miss the butterflys. This one was on my flowers one year quite a bit ago. Haven't seen a pretty butterfly in ages. And, that is very sad.
A favorite flower that I photographed out and about when we use to have a place at a lake about an hour away. I've never planted any although I really like this flower. Not sure why I never have. hmmmm?
Hope everyone has a great week ahead. The link up is open below for sharing your photography. Thanks for visiting.
Note: There won't be a Pictorial Tuesday next week as I'm having surgery, but will be back the week after. :)
~hugs 'n scribbles~
Peabea




this looks like something we call gooseberries - which are edible. But of course this could be entirely different. My son used to love them when he was young. Where have all the butterflys gone? Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteps - all the best for your surgery. Take care of you.
ReplyDeleteLovely photography ~ good luck with your surgery ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! That Chinese Lantern flower is such a unique find, and I agree, we definitely need to see more butterflies around. Wishing you all the very best with your upcoming surgery and a smooth, speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteThat is a really nice butterfly - I love them. So sad that you did not see any in the last time. We still see some butterflies, but they are not as many as years before.
ReplyDeleteHave a good time and all the best
Back after a short break
Violetta
Mr. BA used to have a Chinese lantern flower plant. We still see butterflies in his garden sometimes, and I’m thankful for that.
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting! I've shared 3 and 4. I visited #'s 1 and 2. Praying your surgery goes well!
ReplyDeleteHave a fun week.
All the best.
Debra @ Life Captured
Life Captured invites you and guests to the link parties Home Page Linkup and My Sunday Snapshot at
https://lifecaptured.site
Flowers are so beautiful. Sorry you didn't get the seeds.
ReplyDeleteI hope your surgery goes well.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and week. ♥
So pretty. I love seeing the critters enjoying the flowers too.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining my Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥
Sorry to hear you haven't seen many pretty butterflies lately. We're having an unusually hot summer in Britain and I've definitely seen more butterflies than usual.
ReplyDeleteI adore the butterfly picture, what a shame that you haven't seen all that many of late. Thanks for sharing and for taking part in #WeeklyWonders.
ReplyDelete