Monday, April 18, 2022

Pictorial Potpourri Tuesday Link Up 4 19 2022

Scribbling today about some random photos from a walk at local park and couple of birds.



Abandoned picnic tables at local park or just stored for winter. Not sure.







Not sure if this mourning dove lost its mate or not. Use to have two that always sit on the fence for couple years or more, but last year and this, I only see one. 

Sadly, I don't get any pretty birds to my feeder. Just sparrows, which aren't a favor as they get into everything this time of year. My bbq grill was a mess from their nesting in it under the burner parts.  I cleaned it out, sanitized it and found out that they don't like foil so I lined and now haven't seen anymore evidence. Another year I must have put my window air in too soon, and they decided to nest under it. My window sill was a mess. I guess they have to nest somewhere but I do have few trees they could use. 

Thanks for visiting and linking up your photography, digi-scrapping, photo art, crafts or thrifting. The link up is open all week.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

~hugs 'n scribbles~

Peabea

Some of the link ups I visit:

Wandering Camera Linkup her linkup runs from last Thursday of month 


8 comments:

  1. All these are beautiful captures and I like these dove pictures too. Park looks beautiful. Hope there will be more birds to your feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I do that picnic table is not abandoned. That would be such a shame. Sorry to hear about the sparrows, I am sure more birds will visit your feeder soon :)

    Thanks so much for linking up on Wandering Camera and for hosting!
    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pics. What a nice walk it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute bird feeder. Lovely gentle doves.
    It may be that the tables are stored; they store the tables that way in the park here.
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ja, your bird feeder is so cute! Love to see it. Never seen a dove with dark spots on their wings. I googled and found out that this kind indeed isn't found in Europe. But it is a little bit similar to Eurasian collared dove.

    The common wood pigeon or common woodpigeon (Columba palumbus), also known as simply wood pigeon, is the most large species in the dove and pigeon family here. Adult ones bear a series of green and white patches on their necks, and a pink patch on their chest. The eye colour is a pale yellow. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your photos were beautiful and yes there are more sparrows here too but I do like seeing them. Because the previous years there were a lot of gulls here chasing them away. I do not have a garden but I hear them a lot on balcony and also pigeons. It is true that many birds have been found dead here and that is probably due to the bird flu that is going around a lot now. And also herons are found dead. Thats very sad. Best regards from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)